Freedom In Christ Church
Where God's love shines! Join us every Sunday morning at 10:00 am for Bible class, and at 11:00 am for the worship service. We meet in the basement of the Weathersfield/ Ascutney Town Hall (Entrance and parking at the rear of the building)- Follow the signs!
We also have a Monday evening Bible study at the Conroy's home at 7pm. The meeting is located at 1084 Old Claremont Road in Charlestown, New Hampshire. Heading south on Rte 12, take a left at the Beaudry Real Estate office. Follow Old Claremont Road for roughly 1 1/2 miles. The home is on the right, and has a carport in front. If you see Peachblow Farm on your left, you've travelled too far.
Originally formed by Pastor David Ackerman in 1986, we met in the Cornish Community Church building. Pastor Hernandez took over from 1987-1989. Pastors Martin and Roxene Conroy arrived in June of 1990, six months after Pastor Hernandez left. They moved the church to Thrasher Road in Ascutney, VT. Having rented a very large home with accomodations to handle the church, it was a good and central location. The group drew from many surrounding towns such as Plainfield, Meriden, Canaan, Lebanon, Claremont and Hanover in New Hampshire, as well as Windsor, Brownsville and Ascutney in Vermont. When the Conroys were called by the Lord to Connecticut, Pastor Jim Hills took over, and moved the church to the Claremont, NH Grange Hall. When Jim's health began to decline, the Lord brought the Conroys back to oversee the church again in 2002. Due to flooding at the Grange, a change of location was again sought and a discussion with the town presented an opening at the current location in the basement of Martin Memorial Hall. This is also the Town Offices for the village of Weathersfield, Vermont. We remain there to this day. Freedom in Christ Church is part of the IPHC, International Pentecostal Holiness Church. For questions you can go to www.iphc.org or to the local NE district site www.nediphc.com
The Apostles’ Creed
We believe in God the Father, Maker of heaven and earth. We believe in Jesus Christ His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried. He went down into hell and on the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven and sits on the right hand of the Father. He will return to judge the living and the dead. We believe in the Holy Spirit and the holy catholic [universal] church; the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body; and life everlasting. Amen.
Articles of Faith
1. We believe there is but one living and true God, everlasting, of infinite power, wisdom and goodness; Maker and Preserver of all things, both visible and invisible. And in the unity of this Godhead, there are three Persons of one substance of eternal being, and equal in holiness, justice, wisdom, power, and dignity; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (The Trinity).
2. We believe that the Son, who is the Word of the Father, the very and eternal God, of one substance with the Father, took man’s nature in the womb of the blessed virgin; so that two whole and perfect natures, that is to say, the Godhead and the manhood were joined together in one Person, never to be divided, whereof is one Christ, very God and perfect man, who actually suffered, was crucified, died, and buried, to reconcile the Father to us, and to make atonement, not only for our actual guilt, but also for original sin.
3. We believe that Christ did truly rise again from the dead, and took again His body, with all things appertaining to the perfections of man’s nature, and ascended into heaven and there sits at the right hand of the Father until He shall return to judge the living and the dead at the last day.
4. We believe the Holy Spirit, proceeding from the Father and the Son, is of one substance, majesty and glory with the Father and the Son, very and eternal God.
5. We believe in the verbal and plenary inspiration of the Bible, composed of sixty-six books and divided into two departments, Old and New Testaments. We believe the Bible is the Word of God, the full and complete revelation of the plan and history of redemption. We believe in the inerrant Word of God which is "...breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness." 2 Timothy 3:16 (Hebrews 4:12; Matthew 4:4; Ephesians 6:17; Luke 11:28; Isaiah 55:11)
6. We believe that eternal life with God in heaven is a portion of the reward of the finally righteous and that everlasting banishment from the presence of the Lord and unending torture in hell are the wages of the persistently wicked (Matthew 25:46; Psalm 9:17; Revelation 21:7, 8).
7. We believe that Jesus Christ shed His blood for the remission of sins that are past, for the regeneration of penitent sinners, and for salvation from sin and from sinning (Romans 3:25; 1 John 3:5-10; Ephesians 2:1-10).
8. We believe, teach and firmly maintain the scriptural doctrine of justification by faith alone (Romans 5:1).
9. We believe that Jesus Christ shed His blood for the complete cleansing of the justified believer from all indwelling sin and from its pollution, subsequent to regeneration (1 John 1:7-9).
10. We believe in sanctification. While sanctification is initiated in regeneration and consummated in glorification, we believe it includes a definite, instantaneous work of grace achieved by faith subsequent to regeneration (Acts 26:18; 1 John 1:9). Sanctification delivers from the power and dominion of sin. It is followed by lifelong growth in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 4:16; 2 Peter 3:18).
11. We believe that the Pentecostal baptism of the Holy Spirit and fire is obtainable by a definite act of appropriating faith on the part of the fully cleansed believer, and the initial evidence of the reception of this experience is speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance (Luke 11:13; Acts 1:5; 2:1-4; 8:17; 10:44-46; 19:6).
12. We believe in divine healing as in the atonement (Isaiah 53:4, 5; Matthew 8:16, 17; Mark 16:14-18; James 5:14-16; Exodus 15:26).
13. We believe in the imminent, personal, premillennial second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 3:10-14; Matthew 24:29-44), and love and wait for His appearing (2 Timothy 4:8).
14. We believe it is the responsibility of every believer to dedicate his life to carrying out the work of the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-20; Acts 1:8).
Pastors Conroy are both graduates of Valley Forge Christian College, now known as University of Valley Forge.
Pastor Marty graduated in 1977, Pastor Roxene graduated in 1980.
Here at Freedom In Christ Church, we would love to have your contact information. If you have a specific prayer need or just want to chat, please leave us a message or contact us by phone or email.